Join the team to kick-off planning for the next Operations Conference. Led and moderated by the conference Chair and Co-chair, this planning session brings together over nearly 175 electric and natural gas operations managers and supervisors, each specializing one of many breakout session topics. Attendees will team up with peer energy professionals to identify the most important industry trends and challenges and prioritize which topics will be developed into presentations, panels, and roundtable discussions. Responsibilities also include help with speaker recruitment and on-site facilitation at the Operations Conference.
Electric and Natural Gas Operations Leadership and Individual Contributors:
• Control and Systems Operations – operators and management
• Engineering professionals and management
• Gas line emergency management, operations, and pipeline safety/integrity management
• System Planning for electric and gas functions
• Substation design, maintenance, and operations
• Electric Transmission design, maintenance, and operations
• Environmental personnel working with operations functions
• Safety work methods professionals and leadership
• Customer Operations and front-line service people
• Corporate Support Employees looking to expand their understanding of operations issues
Time and Travel Commitment for PDT Team Members
• Attendance at Operations Conference
• Active participation in periodic teleconference sessions
• Work to coordinate speakers and other team members
• Encourage others from your company to participate in the Conference
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Operations Track Leadership Meetup
Come meet your fellow track leadership. Location: Garden Foyer
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Operations Networking Reception
All planning meeting participants are invited to attend a hosted reception.
Location: Garden Foyer
7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Location: Mount Hood Foyer
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Welcome, 2019 WEI Annual Theme, and Team Building
Location: Mount Hood Ballroom
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Track Breakout - Current Issues Roundtables
Review your program map for breakout room locations.
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Location: Mount Hood Foyer. You are invited to bring your lunch back to your planning rooms.
1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
Planning by Track - Session Options
Deliver your track information sheet to WEI at Mt Hood Ballroom A by 2:15 PM.
2:15 PM - 2:30 PM
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Track Chairs provide a brief overview of draft Session titles. We will identify potential overlap across tracks.
Location: Mt Hood Ballroom
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM
General Sessions, Key Dates, and Wrap-Up
Unfortunately, the WEI hotel block is now full and the hotel itself is nearly sold out. There are a few hotels within walking distance and several less expensive options about 5 minutes east on Airport Way:
* Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
* Embassy Suites Portland Airport
* Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport (economy hotel)
5 Minute Drive
* La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport
* Courtyard by Marriott Portland Airport
* Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, Portland
* Many more available
Jeremy Jordan is the Organizational & Employee Development Manager for Chelan County PUD, a three-dam hydroelectric utility in Washington State that is one of the largest such projects in the western U.S.Jeremy has led organizational change and learning initiatives for two Fortune 50 companies, and consulted for many more. He is currently completing his Master’s in Management with a concentration in Organizational Behavior from Harvard University. He lives with his wife and four children, ages 6 years to 6 months, in Wenatchee, Washington.