Join over 200 of your utility peers to help select topics for the 2021 Operations Conference. You will get a chance to work with other energy companies and learn what they are doing to tackle the issues facing our industry. You will meet your team at the virtual planning meeting and work together to prioritize and select topics for the 2021 agenda. In the following months, you will continue to meet virtually to identify the speakers and content you want to share at the conference. Throughout the process, you will refine the session titles and format to best engage the audience and promote discussion on-site.
No travel required. All agenda times are in Pacific time.
Instructions to access the virtual event will be provided before the program.
Who Should Attend
Electric and Natural Gas Operations Leadership and Individual Contributors:
• Control and Systems Operations – operators and management
• Engineering professionals and management
• Gas line emergency management, operations, and pipeline safety/integrity management
• System Planning for electric and gas functions
• Substation design, maintenance, and operations
• Electric Transmission design, maintenance, and operations
• Environmental personnel working with operations functions
• Safety work methods professionals and leadership
• Customer Operations and front-line service people
• Corporate Support Employees looking to expand their understanding of operations issues
Time and Travel Commitment
• Attend the virtual Operations Conference Planning meeting for your track. It will be scheduled during the week of August 10 or the week of August 17, 2020 from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time. Stayed tuned for the confirmed planning schedule.
• Attend the 2021 Operations Conference scheduled for April 20-24, 2021 at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles, California.
• Active participation in developing your topic and session (periodic conference calls from September 2020 – March 2021).
• Coordinate with speakers and other team members as needed.
• Responsibilities may also include submitting written content for use on the WEI website and other collateral, and on-site facilitation at the Operations Conference.
Registration includes full access to the virtual planning kick-off meeting and Program Development Team roster, as well as on-going planning calls throughout August 2020 – March 2021.
General Cancellation Policy
Due to contractual obligations, cancellations received 15 business days prior to the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations received 6 to 14 business days prior to the event will receive a refund, less a $100 administrative fee. No shows and last minute cancellations, 5 business days prior to the event or less, will be responsible for the full registration fee. Substitutions from your organization for the same event are always welcome.
Western Energy Institute programs and events are open to energy companies (including gas production and electric generation, gas and electric transmission and gas and electric distribution utilities). Select programs and events are open to energy industry product and service suppliers. Programs and events are closed to all media representatives and to the general public. Recording is not permitted for any portion of the event.
For more information contact Eric Christenson, Director of Program Curriculum + Analytics at (971) 303-2118.
Virtual Meeting Schedule
Meetings will be scheduled from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM (Pacific). Each track will meet separately on the following dates to begin the planning for the 2021 Operations Conference.
Tuesday, August 11
NG Green Future
Wednesday, August 12
Thursday, August 13
NG D&T Integrity Management
Tuesday, August 18
Safety + Health
NG Operational Excellence
Evolving Grid Operations
Wednesday, August 19
NG D&T Emergency Response + Restoration
Safety Management Systems
Thursday, August 20