Jay Wicks has 31 years Electrical Engineering Field/Design Experience graduating from Virginia Tech in 1983. This experience includes the successful facilitation of many large equipment & system upgrades/retrofits. Hands on experience with all types of electrical equipment & controls, large or small.
* Licensed and trained by E-Hazard to teach Low Voltage & High Voltage Qualified Electrical Worker with Arc Flash Awareness base on NFPA-70E, IEEE NESC, & OSHA 1910.269.
* Licensed Professional Engineer & Licensed Electrical Inspector in the State of Arizona.
* Mr. Wicks has over 21 years of Technical/Safety Instruction experience developing & facilitating various educational programs. Jay has been one of the WEI Power Quality School instructors for over 20 years.
* Certified Instructor for Electrical, Electronics Systems, and Instrumentation, with the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
* Certified Lightning Safety Professional – National Lightning Safety Institute
* Jay serves as committee chairman for Western Electric Institute’s – 5 Day Power Quality Hands on Training Class. He is the acting class facilitator/Lead instructor & continues to be the major contributor in the development and refinement of this very successful “hands on” program.
* Jay Also works with WEI as an instructor for the Electrical Utility Fundamentals & Insights Class
* Jay is committed to serving the Electrical Community through safety and technical training as well as project facilitation coaching.
In 2014 He retired from the utility industry to devote his efforts full time to Electrical Project Management Coaching, Electrical and Safety Training, General Consulting and Fishing. Coaching, Training, and Consulting can be general for new hires or custom developed for experienced or specialized circumstances. Fishing is reserved for friends and family, however exceptions can be made; time & location are negotiable.