Jay Wicks has 32 years Electrical Engineering Field/Design Experience graduating from Virginia Tech in 1983. This experience includes the successful facilitation of many large equipment and system upgrades/retrofits. He has hands-on experience with all types of electrical equipment and controls, large or small, as well as many PQ Investigations. He retired from the utility industry in June of 2014 and is currently the owner of Black Marble Electrical Solutions.
Jay has over 19 years of Technical/Safety Instruction experience developing and facilitating various educational programs. Jay incorporates actual real world case studies, videos, hands-on equipment demonstrations, and humor to educate the classroom attendees. He facilitates these classes in a unique way that explains complex subjects in a down-to-earth yet technical manner.
Jay Wicks is committed to serving the utility, manufacturing and industrial facilities communities through electrical safety and technical training and consulting.
– IAEI Licensed Electrical Inspector (Arizona), 1998 to present
– Certified NCCER Instructor for Instrument & Electrical, 2008 to present
– Professional Engineering License (Arizona), 1998 to present
– Certified E-Hazard Instructor, 2013 to present
– Certified Lightning Safety Professional (National Lightning Safety Institute), 1998 to present