Kimberly Fremo is the San Diego Gas & Electric Manager of Workload Management and Emergency Reponses Operations responsible for planned and unplanned work management across Customer Services, Gas Operations, Electric Operations and supplemental teams such as Traffic Control, Hazardous Materials management. etc. She is responsible for a multilayered organization comprised of both represented and professional teams.
Prior to this role she held positions in shared services professional and operational:
– Electric Transmission and Substations group managing the training function, compliance, materials, company-wide protective rubber goods, tool repair, live line tools, and transformer refurbishment/scrapping
– Labor Relations and Human Resources business partner, Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations project manager,
– Employee & Organizational Development Manager
– Organizational Development leader
– Instructional Design and Technology Manager
Kimberly enjoys transforming organizations into accountable, high functioning and quality producing entities, all while having satisfied and engaged employees. She has been recognized for her ability to lead effective change while in non-traditional roles by maximizing the power of technical experts while infusing business acumen, understanding of people, process and organizational know-how.
Kimberly holds a Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Maryland and an undergraduate degree in Organizational Behavior.