Join the team to kick-off planning for the next Operations Conference. Led and moderated by the conference Chair and Co-chair, this planning session brings together over nearly 175 electric and natural gas operations managers and supervisors, each specializing one of many breakout session topics. Attendees will team up with peer energy professionals to identify the most important industry trends and challenges and prioritize which topics will be developed into presentations, panels, and roundtable discussions. Responsibilities also include help with speaker recruitment and on-site facilitation at the Operations Conference.
Lora Anguay, Director, Distribution Operations & Maintenance, Sacramento Municipal Utility District
No travel required. All agenda times are in Pacific time. Instructions to access the virtual event will be provided to the attendee before the program.
Who Should Attend
Electric and Natural Gas Operations Leaders and Individual Contributors:
• Control and Systems Operations – operators and management
• Engineering professionals and management
• Gas line emergency management, operations, and pipeline safety/integrity management
• System Planning for electric and gas functions
• Substation design, maintenance, and operations
• Electric Transmission design, maintenance, and operations
• Environmental personnel working with operations functions
• Safety work methods professionals and leadership
• Customer Operations and front-line service people
• Corporate Support Employees looking to expand their understanding of operations issues
Time and Travel Commitment for PDT Team Members
• Attend the virtual Operations Conference Planning meeting for your track.
• Attend the 2022 Operations Conference scheduled for April 19-22, 2022, at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles, California.
• Participate in developing your topic and session by attending regularly scheduled conference calls from September 2021 – March 2022.
• Coordinate with speakers and other team members as needed.
• Responsibilities may also include submitting written content for use on the WEI website and other collateral, and on-site facilitation at the Operations Conference.
Registration is free for WEI members.
Registration includes virtual access to the planning kickoff meeting, digital program materials, and ongoing planning calls throughout August 2021 – April 2022.
General Cancellation Policy
To best serve WEI members and program participants during the COVID-19 pandemic, WEI will be waiving its standard cancellation policy for this virtual program. Registrants can receive a full refund should they need to cancel their registration up to the day before the program begins.
Western Energy Institute programs and events are open to energy companies (including gas production and electric generation, gas and electric transmission and gas and electric distribution utilities). Select programs and events are open to energy industry product and service suppliers. Programs and events are closed to all media representatives and to the general public. Recording is not permitted for any portion of the event.
For more information contact Beverly Woolf, Program Manager at (503) 688-2790.
Virtual Meeting Schedule
Each track will meet separately on the following dates to begin the planning for the 2022 Operations Conference. Each meeting will be 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (Pacific).
Tuesday, August 10
Safety Management Systems
Wednesday, August 11
Low Carbon Fuels
Thursday, August 12
Natural Gas Emergency Response + Restoration
Natural Gas Integrity Management
Natural Gas Operational Excellence
Tuesday, August 17
Wednesday, August 18
Safety + Health
Thursday, August 19
Wednesday, August 25
Grid of the Future